Saturday 22 September 2012

The Colours of My Rainbow



Every friend is special and I believe each one represents a different colour in our life. After our family, it is they who provide a pallet of colours that enable our canvas of life to remain colourful and peaceful, just like a rainbow. These are my colours and if you are reading, you may know who you are.


Red – You are the colour of passion and bravery. Your existence is powerful and protective, providing a protective umbrella over me so I never get hurt. You adore and scold me like a mother, hold me in your arms and hug me like there is no tomorrow.

Yellow - Brightness and sunshine you provide in my life. I want to smile every time I hear your voice. My troubles vanish when I am with you, for you absorb my maladies and provide me the happy pill.

Pink – You are the colour of silence. You speak little and provide thought and reflection for me. You give me balance and contrast for the bigger steps in life. You’ve taught me discipline and showered me with silent strength. My fears are less when you say the right things.

Green – You are hope! You have struggled and succeeded. You have fallen and risen. You’ve taught me the power of prayers and the value of time. You have fought for health, love, education, career and even friendship. My heroine, a true warrior.

Purple – You are royalty, the leader of the pack. You have provided me with powerful doses of laughter, richness of the African culture and a pure sense of camaraderie. You too have struggled and always held up with dignity. You are the life of our lives, bold and gregarious!

Orange – You are the colour of health. My vitamins and minerals provider.  I don’t see you all the time, but when I do I feel energized, rebooted and  brand new. You always know what to say and sometimes know me better than I know myself.

Blue – My sky! You make me look up and remind me the skies are my limit. You believe in my outrageous ideas and support my ordeals. We share our vino and quench our sorrows together. You are water, provide me with clarity! Like one needs to drink water to survive, I need you in my daily life to know everything is going to be just fine.

2 comments:

pamc40 said...

Love it !! What a blessing it is to have friends who help us grow & learn everyday. At times the lessons are not easy or pleasant ones, but both the good and the bad come together to make us who we are, to shape our characters and make us stronger, kinder and better human beings.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blog post. Jones and I have been saving for a new e-book on this issue and your blog post has made all of us to save money. Your thoughts really answered all our issues. In fact, more than what we had thought of prior to when we came across your great blog. I no longer have doubts including a troubled mind because you have really attended to our own needs in this post. Thanks
Welcome to my website [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url].