Sunday 28 November 2010

Getting Over - November 1999

A haunted past still rules my mind
Those days of passion embrace me over
The more I let go, the harder it grabs me
I swim to the surface, it pulls me deeper

Every thought contains you in it
Every event is filled by you
Nothing I do can free me from your shadow
It's a ghost which follows me around
My mind tells me no, but my heart says yes

I'm looking ahead, but my souls behind
I look behind, I see your footprints in my life
I close my eyes and I see you
I block my ears and I hear you
What am I supposed to do?

Every tune spells your name
Every place I go revolves around your presence
Every aroma is embedded by you
I can't help but think of you

There is anger
But also love
There is reality
But also dreams
There is so much clarity
And blurred confusion, far from reality

A mixture of feelings
Potpourri of emotions
I want you
And I don't

No comments: