Friday 26 November 2010

Feelings in Disguise - Jan 1997


Is the reality somewhat different?
Are my feelings really changing for you?
The joke no longer seems funny
“You seem to be the victim here honey!”

I see you with a different eye now
I want to see you more than before
Whatever you say sounds so affectionate
You play it on so well, I’m the fool who’s falling for you.

I want this to be real
Not just a pretend deal
Can you see it happening too?
I want you to see through me
And really know what I feel

What I say to you is no longer transparent
Why can’t you read the message, it’s so apparent
Emotions so strong, I cannot set apart
I’m flirting for real, it’s all from the heart

Sometimes I can almost see the answers in your eyes
I can sense the hidden passion rising
But resistance always comes our way
Do you hold back or do I?

I want some clarity
I want this tension to ease
I can’t continue like this
The truth cannot just remain a freeze

1 comment:

Chanakya said...

I like this one in particular. Especially the line "Do you hold back or do I?"