Thursday 25 November 2010

I like you - Feb 2000

I like you when you don't speak because you seem absent.
You can hear me from a far, but my voice does not touch you.
It's as though your eyes have flown away and as though one kiss has numbed you quiet.

The way all things are filled with my soul, you emerge from all these things, filled with my soul.
You emerge from all these things , filled with my soul
You are like a butterfly in a dream, you resemble my soul

I like you when you don't speak because you are distant
It's like you are complaining, like a butterfly in a struggle.
And you hear me from a far, but my voice does not reach you
Leave me alone so I can contemplate your silence.

Let me speak to your silence
Clear like a lamp, simple as a ring
You are like the night, quiet and composed
Your silence is like the stars, so distant and so simple

I like you when you don't speak because you seem absent
Distant and painful as if you've just died
Just one word or a smile are enough
And I'm happy, happy to know that it is not truth

No comments: