Wednesday 2 April 2014

Window Shopping

In the afternoon it sometimes starts 
Some whistling
Name calling 
I want to block my ears and just keep walking
They are just window shopping 

I'm happy with my new hair
A pretty price I must pay to look pretty
A toll after that 
Don't even breathe the air
Don't you dare 
They are just window shopping 

Sat in my car
Burst into tears 
Away from those fears
They were just window shopping

Standing alone
In a public place 
Object of desire
An object to stare
I am trying not to care 
Existing is a nightmare 
But they are just window shopping

A busy bar
Having a good time 
Is my skirt too short
Or too tight 
Why this forever self fight 
After all they are just window shopping 

I walk to the loo
Confronted by another heinous coup 
Nauseating words I take in
Run and lock myself in
Relax, they are just window shopping 

A busy bus
Them, us, no fuss
A hand, a touch
It is a little too much?
Disgusted but okay
I'm like plasticine and clay
They are freely window shopping

It's not a physical assault
It's not a corporeal violation 
It's ME giving life to temptation
Encouraging flirtation 
They are just window shopping 

Mentally molested
Psychologically f****d
Keep calm
They are just window shopping

No comments: