Saturday 19 April 2014

Here




Here linger splinters of agony and also deep happiness in all the aisles
Here resonate soothing chimes of cackling laughter
Here we find infused odors of onions sizzling and hissing in a pot
The neighbours baby crying in his cot
The same ink stains on my pillow case, I almost forgot

Here the light filters through my half open blinds sharp at eight
Here I fought all my teenage battles with my weight
Same aubergine sweater washed and worn
It still sits on the shelf, now a little torn
Long movie marathons with salted popcorn

Here I've always known there will be leftovers in the fridge
Old chapatis bundled in foil
A kettle always on the boil
Sunday mornings she will apply my hair oil

Here I will always find mum
I can sit, sleep, shout and scream
Play deaf and dumb

Here is where I have grown
Said my prayers under my dome
Developed my every chromosome
This is my home

No comments: