Thursday 20 June 2013

Mine Not To Keep


When that hand is no longer yours to hold
When you cry so much your tears run dry
When you see me but look straight through me
When the pain becomes a permanent resident
When the flame has turned into fumes
When yesterday and today blur tomorrow
When you want to but you can’t
When you sleep you are awake, when awake just dormant
When you are living but not alive
When the flowers stand pretty but have no fragrance
When you are walking but your shadow is lost
When you are dead but not buried
When my pen bleeds and I can’t heal the wound
When I found you I had to lose you

But in all this what remains unchanged…
My sun will rise with you in it and it will set with you in it.

If I keep you I cage our love
Letting you go means our love is free

No comments: