Saturday 14 July 2012

All out

A magical time they say
A baby is on the way
A growing belly
Creams and jams and jelly

I start the morning eating healthy
Two breakfasts are fair
A hungry monster pumping my air
Not my fault, I don't care

Mid morning tickles
Bagels and pickles
A cheeky cupcake
For the baby's sake
It's mini I'm told
Take two
I'm sold

Lunch is important
Some curry and rice
Tastes even better with added spice
More curd, more pickle
How did my taste buds turn so fickle?

I'm round and full
Touch my tummy
I'm gonna be a mummy
No more food
Just some dessert
Missing it would be rude

Icecream or cake?
A bit of both
Two scoops and ...
A proper slice not a sliver

Let me lie down
Unwrapping some of the brown
In goes the sweet
A final treat

An hour before dinner
I've got the munchies
Salty crackers and crisps
Sandwich crunchies
Jamon y queso
Un poco de eso

I really am fat
So what am I gonna do about that?
No more snacking
No more slacking

A diet for cravings?
Who was I kidding
To keep me hungry... forbidding 

Now back to business
Before i feel the nausea and dizziness
Double chocolate milkshake
A juicy fat steak
Fries and happy sighs
Don't judge me guys

A magical time they say
My bubba is on its way
Some extra pounds gained
Piles of happiness I can't explain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic observations! I can relate so clearly to these cravings.