Monday 23 January 2012

Papa...Mama


As a baby you cradled me in your arms
Never letting go
You fed me, you bathed me
You even took aches to soothe me
I would often weep
But you always found a way to put me to sleep

I took my first steps holding your hand
Even if I fell, you would help me stand
I bumped my head
“It’s going to be okay” you always said

As a teenager you taught me to think
To think and make a choice
Quite often I’d raise my voice

You saw me make mistakes
You even saw me fail
But you never lost track of my trail

You yelled
I further rebelled
I thought you were against me like rivals in a game
You proved me wrong
And this made me more strong

You taught me how to aim high
Insisted I could touch the sky
You always had faith in me
Saw in me what I could never see

As an adult you’ve supported my decisions
Always moulded yourself to my visions
You’ve given me my space
And invaded it when it’s been the case
But always let me go at my own pace

I may be all grown up now
But I still make mistakes
I seek for your advice
You are here, that always feels nice

We’ve never hugged so much
Or said the three words as such
I sometimes appear not to be there
But you continue to show that you care

There’s still plenty we disagree on
But the important we agree upon
If I’m breaking down or crashing in
I always turn to you, you forgive my sin
When no one is there to understand
It’s you I turn to, always there to hold my hand

You’ve made me who I am
I can say I am your number one fan
You’ve given me my face
One I would never replace
You’ve educated me
To see right from wrong
Stand alone and be strong

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

emotional!

Anonymous said...

U've literally touched my soul it is very heart warming~to know that there are others who think equally strongly as i do and love and respect their parents so much as it should be for all children but unfortunately it is not so for the upcoming generation of youngsters but nevertheless with young people and parents such as you i'm sure the new generation or at least part of them will realize the importance of parents and grand-parents in our life socially and emotionally for their future growth and development-thanks goldie- u r well gifted with the art of writing and expressing through words.I salute you my dear and hope others learn from you.

Goldie Uttamchandani said...

Dear Anonymous, Thank you so much for your precious feedback. It is a huge compliment for me to know that I have "touched your soul". :-)