Wednesday 4 January 2012

Silent Scream

I can carry them, a few more minutes and I'll be able to put them down
The weight of the bags is slitting through my fingers
Carving dents of pain
I'm hurting but the chill in the air tightens my hands
Purple soon appearing
I know this purple, it chokes me stiff
Sedates me slowly
Bleeding sorrow from within

Crowds of congestion pollute my lungs
Poignant noises cause aching ears
Cutting glances blur my vision
Hearts of ice stab me cold

My body stops with a jolt
Bags down, weight off
Arms dangle defeat
Shoulders slouching failure
Enough!
I think I've given up

Puppet me close to a bench
Hold my hand, pull my torso
Wrap me tight
Hug my fears
Tear away my tears
I'm shouting for help
Why can no one hear my yelp?

One more am I
One more tear stain gone dry
One more day goes by
One more scream
A muted goodbye.

No comments: