Tuesday 6 August 2013

Mon Amie (My Friend)

Coffee cup froth
A lipstick mark
Low ceilings, it's quite dark

Confessions we share
Sometimes we just stare
You are my friend, it's all fair

An inside joke
Over a tall glass of coke
We stomach sweet laughter
Salty tears too
You are my friend, someone I cling to

A 3am call
Unnecessary trip to the mall
Make up malfunction
Wardrobe dysfunction
You'd tell me
You are my friend you see

Boredom texts
Silly nicknames
No lies, no pretexts

PMS mornings
No need for warnings
Shout and scream
You will always offer me ice cream

Matching bangles
Endless pictures together we take
You are my friend, not a faux or fake

Cute personal gifts
No misfits
"He's cute don't you think?"
Some sighs and a blink
You are my friend, are you up for a drink?

I'm down, you pick me up
I'm wrong, you beat me up
My emergency number
My number one slumber

You are my friend
You listen to comprehend
You deal with all my split ends
I can sometimes offend
But you are with me
Till the end

No comments: