Wednesday 20 November 2013

Bullied

Bullying, it hurts you know
Bullets on your self-esteem
The last one chosen on a team
I cannot even scream

“Brown girl”
Look down, I wish I could reply and hurl
“Your hair smells”
It probably does
I’m not blonde or white
I don’t have a right to be right

Walk into class
Walking on shattered glass
Words of poison spat in my face
I wish I were invisible
And had no trace

The day has only just begun
No, it’s not going to be fun
“Oi Paki”
“Why’s your accent so tacky?”
Bleeding tears from inside
I want to go and hide

I lie in my bed
My veil has been broken
Unmasked the burden
I’ve admitted the unspoken

I don’t want to be here
I don’t want to live in this fear

Bullying, it’s real
You lose the ability to feel
Where ever I go, whatever I say
Who cares anyway?
I have to pretend I’m okay

No comments: