Friday 4 November 2011

Allow me

An old piece written in September 2000

I wonder what you're thinking
I wonder what you feel
I want to know what you believe in
I need to know what is real

You fear to share your secrets
You hide your beliefs
I can sometimes see your visions
But fail to confront your fears

I want to be led through your spirit
Through your soul
Through your heaven and your hell
Come on lets cast the spell

Will you teach me how to love you?
Will you teach me how to be?
Can I hold you near me?
And let you lean on me?

Will I ever swim on your ocean?
Will I ever lie in your stream?
Will you let me drain in your fountain?
And care to share your dream

Can I endure your pain?
Can I help to ease your grief?
Can I soothe the heartache?
Allow me to restore your faith

No comments: