Tuesday 2 April 2013

Gate H18


Pushing the weight of my luggage
Behind me skips along my other baggage
Please let the queue be short
If only I could be back on the resort

My turn is next
I quickly check the confirmation text
Madam good morning where to today?
She must say this endlessly everyday

We don’t have your seats together I’m afraid
Perhaps we can offer you an upgrade?
The latter is heard in my hopeful head
I know it’s not what she said

Some shuffling around
Some many anxious minutes later
I’ve hit her head against the pound
Madam I may have found
Three in row 29
From uptown I am now
Back in downtown

Security check
A mission after which
I seriously need a triple sec
Dressed to undress
9/11 you caused some serious stress

Panting across the terminal
Faster, I yell at them
Pulling along their wheelies
Can you carry mine Mama?
Really?
I’m tired I’m thirsty!
Seriously?

A, B, C, D and some threats and bribes in between
We finally reach gate H18
Flight delayed I read on the screen
No, this is not a dream
I want to shout and scream

Some two hours later
I’ve cursed and abused
The official airport hater
Battery low
Crap, I don’t have my adapter!







1 comment:

pamc said...

V nice! - the joys of travelling ;) Though, in spite of all the airport angst, we also bring back special memories !