Wednesday 18 December 2013

Once upon a dream

Shabby chic velvet chairs
Dark spiral stairs
Psycadelic dance floor
Booze on the pour

Tall and confident she stands
Short skirt
Tall heels
Short is how I feel
"Let's dance" she commands
No big deal

Sultry black locks caress her breasts
Almond eyes fixed on me, not looking away
Oh her eyes
Anaesthetise... mesmerise
Electric tunes, I'm on the rise

Sticky bodies jive side to side
She pulls my curls, gripping them tight
I gasp as she encircles me, nowhere to hide
Our torsos meet, as we slide

Trickles of sweat brushing bare shoulders
Fumes of perfume lingering closer
I'm meeting her beat
Hands on hips, a rhythmic repeat

She drinks me with her eyes
Undressing me slowly with her smile
We stand like this for a while
She's beautiful
Spectacular

Distracted am I suddenly
A silhouette stands staring
Nonchalantly smooth
A glare so overbearing
He's looking
Absorbing

Envelops me in shudders
A piercing chill
His eyes meet mine
Sending a shiver right down my spine

I know him
A distant memory, now blurred and thin
Who are you?
A soul I once knew

Bright lights and big stage
Distracting me, I can't engage
He's fixed on me, as I on him
A sea of confusion
Up surface and swim

She whispers in my ear
I can barely hear
"He wants ..."
"He wants... "

Awake






No comments: