Friday 9 September 2011

Eyes wide shut

Silence sits still on the window sill
I'm waiting, contemplating
Noise creeps through and seduces the air
I'm listening, absorbing
Blink black, blink light
Hide and seek I play with the night.

Deep breaths and gentle snores orchestrate a soothing ballad
Air conditioning hisses to add some bass
I'm staring, wondering

Blinking digitals and charging gadgets
Perform flashing pirouettes, adding colour to the darkness
Red shimmers bounce off my night stand, 0.44 reads the Casio display
My lids feel heavy and parched are my lips
I want to feel better, I really do
A sip of water, some turning around
Back to ground zero

Facing up or on my side
Stomach down
Arms hanging out
Layers off, come on again
Come on now
It's just not fair!

Silence sits still on the window sill
Noise creeps in and numbs the air
Drousy strokes brush my face
Blink black, blink black
I no longer hide or seek
I'm sleeping, finally sleeping!

No comments: